Monday, November 13, 2006

Another One from Bill (on Rednecks)

I was in Fyffe, Alabama last year. After the show, I went to a Waffle House. I'm not proud of it, I was hungry. And I'm eating, I'm alone and I'm reading a book, right? Waitress walks over to me:
"Hey, what you readin' for?"

Is that like the weirdest f-ing question you've ever heard? Not what am I reading, but what am I reading … for.

"Well, damn it, you stumped me. Why do I read? Hm … I guess I read for a lot of reasons, and the main one is … so I don't end up being a f-ing waffle waitress."

But then, this trucker in the next booth gets up, stands over me and goes:

"Well, looks like we got ourselves a reader."

"What the going on here? It's not like I walked into a Klan rally in a Boy George outfit, damn it. It's a book!"

No comments: