Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Things We Can Learn From A Dog - Great Dating Tips

Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride.

Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.

When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Let others know when they've invaded your territory.

Take naps and stretch before rising.

Run, romp, and play daily.

Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.

Be loyal.

Never pretend to be something you're not.

If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.

Thrive on attention and let people touch you.

Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.

On hot days, drink lots of water and lay under shady trees.

When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.

No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout...run right back and make friends.

Bond with your pack.

Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.

If you stare at someone long enough, eventually you'll get what you want.

Don't go out without ID.

When you do something wrong, always take responsibility (as soon asyou're dragged out from under the bed!)

If at first you don't succeed, whine real loud.

Don't settle for cheap food.

Play nicely with others, but remind them that it's your toy.

Rainy days are best spent indoors.

When a loud thunderstorm comes at night, and the ones you need to impress with your bravery are asleep, it's okay to hide under the bed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Editors note: Thanks to those of you who privately emailed me to offer support. You truely are dear cyber-friends.
Spoke to my husband to verify that he would never just serve me divorce papers without discussing said fact. He is a very good man and I know he would never attempt to hurt me. In fact let me say he never once spoke unkindly to me in 16 years - always a true Southern gentleman.
He also verified that he was indeed seeing someone else but that "she is no substitute for you" and "your name is on my lips everyday" but "we have to dissolve this."
Okay, so I was wallowing in my own pity but pulled myself together and got my girlfriend through her horrible day.

15 comments:

tkkerouac said...

love your honesty and this post, ox

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oh girl, I feel your pain. Please email me if you ever need to vent. I am dealing with the relationship that never ends myself so I know how that goes.

No Mas said...

Tracey: may we all experience this unconditional love. Cyber kisses and hugs to you, as well.

Starrlight: bless you! It is cyber friends such as yourself that have helped me so much over the past 7 months. I would have never thought that such wonderful people exsisted. My heartfelt appreciation is unending. My email is always open to you as well.

me said...

I think the dogs know what they're doing...

Glad you spoke with the husband a/b your worry. :)

none said...

Dogs are pretty smart.

I'm also glad you aren't going to be blindsided.

Constance said...

Good Wednesday afternoon Nomas,
Glad your husband and you spoke --
I don't have your private e-mail, or I would have e-mailed you, too !
My empathy while you go through this roller-coaster...

No Mas said...

Annie: Email NoMasCorporate.com

Dick said...

That's one hell of an editor's note.

Otis said...

It's tough to put on your game face and help others when you are in a bad spot yourself.

I admire you for being able to do so.

Also, you know better where you stand and that is a good thing.

Evalinn said...

Never thought about it that way, but dogs are truly wise ;-)

No Mas said...

Hammer: I know, man - at times i may have been a fool but i picked him right.

No Mas said...

Dick: complimentary and devistating simultatiously.

No Mas said...

Otis: while i'd rather not have had to do so guess it makes me stronger for what is to come

No Mas said...

Evalinn: thanks for stopping by. One cannot be led astray if following the wisdom of animals.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need to Resolve it instead of dissolve it!!!
You need to spent some time together and TALK.
Best of Luck nomas.
Cookie